Hi,

I think we sometimes romanticize the idea that things were fabulous when we
used a screen reader that was developed by a company that specializes in screen
reading. Don’t get me wrong, I very much appreciate what the screen reader
companies have done for accessibility. At the same time, I did not usually get
instant bug fixes when I reported them to the screen reader company. It often
took months or years for things to get fixed. I just don’t see that Apple is
any less responsive than the people who specialize in accessibility.

I think we sometimes forget that accessing these visual operating systems using
speech and braille is a stretch for everyone from the engineers to the users.

I thoroughly enjoy using my Apple devices every day.

Robert Carter