Hey guys,
Very interesting topic.  One system to think about is using the
organizational system known as holocracy to organize the site.  I've
been thinking about opensource dynamics as similar to a functioning
cell and I think that a much more intelligent solution can be applied
if we really think about it.  I'm familiar with a lot of social
network interactions and I've been waiting to see a fully made social
network and project management system that is optimal for opensource
projects but is also easy to navigate for new "members" or "users" of
Maemo.  I think that could be an integral part of creating a dynamic
community of users and contributors.  Anyway, that's my riff for now,
I'm really hoping we create elegant resource repositories to download
applications, themes, and art.  I think that with a lot of the work
that is being done in flash we could transform our little Maemo into
an open gaming environment and more.  And what's so great is that
Maemo can be used on multiple devices and isn't locked to a hardware
designer like Nintendo.

Cheers

On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 7:58 PM, Aniello Del Sorbo <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
> I don't know how to reply to this.
> Really.
> You're not Nokia, but you don't want to be community.
> So what are you and what's your role ?
>
> BTW, there's no moderation, no pre-editing, no cuts off.
> Just good sense. 20kb for a text message is objectively a good boundary.
>
> I am simply an open-source developer, sadly not paid by Nokia.
> You're making assumptions where them do not exist.
>
> --
> Aniello Del Sorbo
>
> On Fri, Jun 13, 2008 at 6:26 PM, Darius Jack <[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:
>> Nothing is automatic on the Internet.
>> That's you, moderator, administrator, operator, setting the terms.
>> That's you cutting the thread off.
>> Today you set 20 kb limit, tommorow 10kb, next week 1line input.
>> Long live democracy.
>>
>> Your money, your business, your terms.
>> But please don't call me a community.
>> I use Google Groups and there is no limit on thread size.
>> A good practice is to follow full thread,
>> no pre-editing, no cutt offs, no moderation
>>
>> One day you speak about a community
>> and another day you show me who is the ruler.
>> Bye bye my fiends, no more communities of developers governed by moderators.
>> Nokia , shame on you, financing community governed by moderators.
>>
>> One day 20kb limit is in operation.
>> Tommorrow 10kb, next week 1 line is allowed.
>> Or better. No-reply-discussions.
>>
>> Darius

>>> Email: [EMAIL PROTECTED]