> On Mon, Nov 2, 2009 at 11:48 AM, Andrew Flegg <and...@bleb.org> wrote:
>         Alan wrote:
>         > Grrr!
>         >
>         > I hate that kind of talk. It only makes the problem worse.

>         What problem? This mailing list has a higher concentration of
>         involved (and affected) developers than talk. You can have an
>         intelligent discussion here without it devolving into petty
>         spats or rampaging off topic. This is the official mailing
>         list for the development of (and developers for) Maemo.

[corrected the top-posting]
On Mon, 2009-11-02 at 12:07 -0800, Qole wrote:
> Your reply continues to sound like the middle class moms who argue for
> private schools. How will our children ever get ahead if they go to
> that school down the street? It is full of common children who will
> only slow our gifted children down.

Hmm, your argument sounds like something from talk :)
ie it's not technical, not related to the objective and just invites a
massive off-topic debate; all fine in a casual conversation but not in a
focussed discussion.

I'd suggest that the barrier to entry for a mailing list cf talk is
substantially less than the barrier to entry of a private school.

Anyone from talk is welcome to join the list provided they plan on
engaging in development oriented discussions (and yes, they do meander -
no-one cares *that* much).

David