On 6/19/2008, Brad Knowles ([EMAIL PROTECTED]) wrote:
Correct.  The Mailman developers feel that forcing all replies to go
back to the list causes much more harm than good, see FAQ 3.48 at
<http://wiki.list.org/x/44A9>.

Whats the big deal anyway? If you want lists configured to reply to the list, just set it that way. What difference does it make what the default is?

Until the vast majority of the most popular mail clients have a proper 'Reply-To-List' function (TBird doesn't, although it has an extension that tries to do it, it isn't very good at it) discussion lists should definitely (imnsho) be configured to reply to list, and I always change the ones I manage to do so.

--

Best regards,

Charles