Hi again,

First, a precision: my reply is missing 2 lines wich, for short, were saying:
"but usually you don't get listed on the first sending to a trap, it's more an
accumulation of emails to different traps that get you in trouble form what I
understand of how traps work".
That's why when you ask for a bounce after data this is a problem to what traps
users want: they don't mind about one or two emails sent to an address. They
are much more interested in "repeat offenders", menaing senders who keep
sending to the same adress time and time again without checking for reaction.
Thay don't want to give any possible clue to bad actors by doing something that
might be recognized as unusual for a mail server, and they want to keep
receiving the mails wich prove someone is doing somthing wrong (on purpose or
not is another question).

Second: yeah if the domain/address you are sending to was giving you "proof of
life" (answers and so on) until very recently and is now being used as a trap
that would be kinda rude (and not very useful to detect actual spammers), most
trap owners I have spoken with usually say that they will bounce (hard) mails
for at least 6 months straight on re-used addresses (and most say they do it
for at least a year).

Mathieu Bourdin