* Mathieu Bourdin <m.bour...@dolist.com>:
> Hi again,
>

> First, a precision: my reply is missing 2 lines wich, for short,
> were saying: "but usually you don't get listed on the first sending to
> a trap,

Yes, because that would instantaneously blacklist all servers sending
double-opt-in
mails

> it's more an accumulation of emails to different traps that
> get you in trouble form what I understand of how traps work".

Hopefully.

> Second: yeah if the domain/address you are sending to was giving you
> "proof of life" (answers and so on) until very recently and is now
> being used as a trap that would be kinda rude (and not very useful to
> detect actual spammers), most trap owners I have spoken with usually
> say that they will bounce (hard) mails for at least 6 months straight
> on re-used addresses (and most say they do it for at least a year).

That should suffice. There's of course super low traffic announce lists
(which only send out mails every 3-6 months) which could cause mailman
not to accumulate enough bounces in a short timeperiod for delisting.

But if the spamtraps were on those low-traffic lists, we would never
notice.

--
Ralf Hildebrandt                   Charite Universitätsmedizin Berlin
ralf.hildebra...@charite.de        Campus Benjamin Franklin