* Mathieu Bourdin <m.bour...@dolist.com>:

> >*** Shouldn't spam traps reject all mails after the END-OF-DATA? ***
>
> If they did, they would be easily identifiable, and thus would have no value.

Well, the sender wouldn't know if it's a trap or if the server is just
FUBARed in some odd way.

> The thing with spamtraps is that they should not be in your DB in
> the first place (especially pristine ones) or should have been trimmed
> from your DB a long time ago (back when they went from a usable user
> address to a bouncing address before being reactivated as a spamtrap).

Yes, but we're using mailman, and always with double-opt in and (of
course) bounce processing (seriously, who wouldn't use bounce
processing?!).

In fact, these spamtraps must have been hit quite recently when we already
had the most recent version of mm2 (the one with reCaptcha). It's
totally unclear. To me it looks as if a domain wen'T directly from
"used for mail" to "used as a spamtrap".

--
Ralf Hildebrandt                   Charite Universitätsmedizin Berlin
ralf.hildebra...@charite.de        Campus Benjamin Franklin