On Tue, 4 May 2021 10:50:22 -0600, Grant Taylor via mailop <mailop@mailop.org>
wrote:

>I'd like to know if I'm off my rocker or if the person / company that
>sent the message with the following excerpt is using purportedly once
>good contact information /well/ /past/ it's best by date.

In my experience, this will heavily depend upon your objective.

If you are someone with a list you have gathered by opt-in over the past ten
years, it will be painful to hear that, if you wish regularly to reach
recipients at some large providers, NEVER, EVER send to an account that has
not responded/engaged/opened/&c is the past 180 days.  Wisdom would suggest
modifying that to 90 days.

If you are operating in hope that some of these "stale" addresses are still in
the possession of the original owner, not abandoned, then send away.  The
results may be sub-optimal, but that's not something you can control.

mdr
--
         "There are no laws here, only agreements."
                -- Masahiko