> On 15 Apr 2022, at 17:24, Bill Cole via mailop <mailop@mailop.org> wrote:
>
> On 2022-04-15 at 10:43:13 UTC-0400 (Fri, 15 Apr 2022 15:43:13 +0100)
> Laura Atkins via mailop <la...@wordtothewise.com>
> is rumored to have said:
>
>> Recipients have agency here and can move elsewhere for mail. The fact that
>> they don’t tells me that google understands their userbase really well and
>> does what they need to do to keep them happy.
>
> FWIW, I have some visibility into that and have seen a few small businesses
> move their mailboxes from a boutique outsourcer to Google only to move them
> soon afterwards to MS365. None the other way.

I’ve seen a lot of folks moving, too. In these cases, though, it’s often the
companies that are doing “cold outreach” are moving to Microsoft because their
outbound filtering isn’t as good and Google is actually shutting down their
senders (only for 24 hours and only when they’ve send their 1000 emails). The
service providers in that space are also recommending MS rather than Google as
they can send more.

> Those decisions had everything to do with cost and end-user experience, never
> about precision and fairness in spam control or transparent collaboration
> with the email community. In my experience, deliverability into MS is worse
> than into Google from the standpoint of a strictly no-spam sender only using
> IPv4 for email.

Totally agree here. MS are more aggressive with their filters, more opaque with
their filters and will happily toss mail on the floor. It’s also a much harder
process to fix problems once you’ve gotten into trouble there. But I’ve had
clients who’ve done it there after months and months of cleaning up and
consistent sending.

laura

--
The Delivery Experts