On Wed, Jul 20, 2022 at 12:41:53PM -0600, Brie via mailop wrote:
> So, hey, yeah, Sendgrid and Zoom...
>
> It's still going on even though it was 'being looked into'.

It is. But I looked at the amount of .zoom.us stuff in all the SendGrid
output in our traps from January to June and the trend is almost
consistently downwards,

January         0.35%
February        0.27%
March           0.23%
April           0.25%
May             0.19%
June            0.11%

YMMV.

> Why do you not respect permanent errors when delivering?

I've been asking all the ESPs the same question for at least the seven
years that Koli-Lõks OÜ has existed.

Ever since a respected figure in the industry said that keeping a domain
without MX is not quite the same as having it responding 550 5.1.1 to
everything, we have been priming all new spamtrap domains by having them
respond 550 5.1.1 to everything for at least 12 months.

(I disagree with the idea that ESPs should not trust their own systems
when they get a NXDOMAIN response, but it's not a big deal for us to do
this if it helps. I am not quite convinced it does, based on the results.)

Technically, based on the idea that ESPs would actually act on
undeliverables the way you suggest, this should lead to our only being
able to catch botnet and other thoroughly illegitimate spam and hardly
any ESP content at all.

You would think so, wouldn't you.

--
Atro Tossavainen, Founder, Partner
Koli-Lõks OÜ (reg. no. 12815457, VAT ID EE101811635)