On 7/22/22 10:57 AM, Robert L Mathews via mailop wrote:
I have an bad example of this. My company opened a thousands-of-dollars-a-year account with a large company, and apparently this company does all their transactional mailing through a certain well-known ESP.

I got none of it, and nobody could figure out why for a while. It finally turned out that the ESP had added our entire domain name to some sort of global blocklist they have, solely based on my complaints that the ESP was letting their customers repeatedly send spam to our role addresses like support@, billing@, and info@. (The address the large company was trying to send to was not one of those addresses.)

Worse, their global blocklist acted as a black hole for mail, where nobody was notified of the problem.

This is a good example of how many ESPs are just really not trying even the most basic stuff. Rather than add a check to say "hey, our customer's importing a list that has lots of role addresses, that's unusual, let's check it out", they instead just maximally listwashed me so I would stop complaining about it.

I think I know which ESP you are talking about.  I had a very similar issue.

For $dayjob I send mails for in-person and online auctions. I like to use my personal address as a test destination to see how it looks to various filters.

Because certain ESPs, rather than deal with their spamming customers, have decided it's easier to blacklist/blackhole my address/domain, I can't do that.

Anything to avoid holding people responsible for their actions.

--
Brielle Bruns
http://www.sosdg.org    /     http://www.ahbl.org