On 10/19/22 16:10, Kai 'wusel' Siering via mailop wrote:
On 19.10.22 15:55, Renaud Allard via mailop wrote:
They blocked at least my non commercial mail server until I added an impressum. So, I guess they now block everyone without an impressum.

But that's the status quo for several years. Question is: do they still adhere to that, or would they reject an appliction from you for a new sending IP because you're a non commercial mail server.

Actually, I had to contact them and show them the impressum page to be whitelisted, so this seems at least partially manual. So, you might need to contact them for any new IP. But I hope they are smart enough to store the domain names in databases where they can verify the legitimacy in a more automated way.

The later is what their recent reply to some people implies; unfortunately I only know of a German language version of that, dated about a month ago:

Nachdem wir nur nachvollziehbar kommerziellen und vergleichbaren
Betreibern erlauben, sich mit unseren Mailservern zu verbinden,
verwenden Sie als/für Privatnutzer bitte ein SMTP-Relay bzw. Mailgateway
des Hosters oder ISPs, um E-Mails im Rahmen der vertraglichen Leistungen
vom Mailserver über dessen offizielles Mailgateway zu senden. Der
dortige Support ist Ihnen bei der Konfiguration sicherlich gerne
behilflich.

Für weitere Informationen und Hinweise beachten Sie bitte auch unsere
FAQ: https://postmaster.t-online.de/

On that link, as of today, still the imprint stuff is listed as a prerequisite to be whitelisted, so the question remains: did Deutsche Telekom change their policy or "just" their wording?

I think it was already like this when I contacted them in January. But I never went to the German language page, only the English one.