On 2023-07-13 at 12:06:45 UTC-0400 (Thu, 13 Jul 2023 11:06:45 -0500)
Grant Taylor via mailop <gtay...@tnetconsulting.net>
is rumored to have said:

On 7/13/23 10:49 AM, Bill Cole via mailop wrote:
It's not at all logically hard to meet that arbitrary requirement, you just need a zone cut everywhere you have a MX record. I've run a DNS and mail hosting environment that way. Zone files are very small and numerous. *Logistically* changing an existing zone with many MXs for subdomains to that model could be a  serious chore.

I question the veracity of "need a zone cut everywhere you have an MX record".

My current working understanding is "you need a zone cut for domains immediately subordinate of the PSL".

Right. I was speaking more directly to the OP's situation where they already have a big zone rooted at a PSL-listed domain and a lot of subdomains.

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire