On 2023-07-13 at 10:15:27 UTC-0400 (Thu, 13 Jul 2023 07:15:27 -0700)
Marcel Becker via mailop <marcel.bec...@yahooinc.com>
is rumored to have said:

No. I might as well reveal the actual domain names involved, since it's
not particularly secret: it's "westfir.or.us" and "ci.westfir.or.us".

It's actually not that complicated. We want to see an SOA record for either
the domain OR the organizational domain.

We use the PSL to determine the organizational domain.

It is worth noting that this is in no way a "standard" or even a widely-known "best practice" and that it was entirely the invention of the Big Brains at Yahoo, the place that helped give us the ridiculous fragility of DKIM...

--
Bill Cole
Not Currently Available For Hire