Perhaps it's going off topic and apologies if so, but this makes me wonder a second thing. Who is, and why are they, adding subdomains to the PSL when subdomains above that in hierarchy are in the same zone file?

On 2023-07-13 13:06, Robert L Mathews via mailop wrote:

On 7/13/23 10:44 AM, Jaroslaw Rafa via mailop wrote:

If .tld is on PSL, then example.tld will be the organizational domain. And it definitely should have its own zone file, so it should have SOA. I can't
imagine a scenario in which it doesn't.

An example is something like "apc.homeoffice.gov.uk": its parent "homeoffice.gov.uk" is on the PSL, but both appear to be part of the same zone:

$ dig apc.homeoffice.gov.uk SOA

... QUERY: 1, ANSWER: 0, AUTHORITY: 1 ...

;; AUTHORITY SECTION:
homeoffice.gov.uk.