IMHO, and I’m not a lawyer like Anne, but I think in common language what she
is trying to explain.
Like in GDPR which makes it so you can decline cookie data, that link is just
one cookie, and they give us the option to decline other cookies but necessary
or leave the site all together.  Is this the gist of the current legal
framework in the US?