> On Feb 24, 2024, at 12:41 PM, Andrew C Aitchison <and...@aitchison.me.uk>
> wrote:
>
> Do you read "visiting a single Internet Web page"
> as excluding interaction with that page ?
>
> If so, how do I provide my opt-out preferences by ...
> "visiting a single Internet Web page" ?

A strict construction of that language would suggest to me that yes, that's
what it says - *however*, I also don't think that's what was intended, and it
is on these ambiguous (regardless of how slightly) turns of phrase that entire
cases are decided.

If I were brought in on a case that turned on deciding what this language
meant, I could argue either side, and convincingly so, I believe.

Anne

---
Anne P. Mitchell, Esq.
Email Law & Policy Attorney
CEO Institute for Social Internet Public Policy (ISIPP)
Author: Section 6 of the CAN-SPAM Act of 2003 (the Federal email marketing law)
Creator of the term 'deliverability' and founder of the deliverability industry
Author: The Email Deliverability Handbook
Board of Directors, Denver Internet Exchange
Dean Emeritus, Cyberlaw & Cybersecurity, Lincoln Law School
Prof. Emeritus, Lincoln Law School
Chair Emeritus, Asilomar Microcomputer Workshop
Counsel Emeritus, eMail Abuse Prevention System (MAPS)