According to Andy Smith via mailop <a...@bitfolk.com>:
>Hi,
>
>On Fri, Feb 23, 2024 at 01:39:46PM -0800, Mark Fletcher via mailop wrote:
>> My question to you all is, do you think that the List-Unsubscribe=One-Click
>> header is supported well enough these days such that I can replace the
>> one-click unsub link in the message bodies with a link that requires
>> authentication? Also, do you think doing so would adversely affect our
>> distribution?
>
>Do you not find that there are too many things that automatically
>scan links in incoming emails?

The point of the one-click is that it's a POST rather than GET, and
the scanners just do a GET.

I'd leave the links in the bodies for now. A lot of mail programs give
you a way to use the ones in the header, but some major ones like
Outlook still don't.

--
Regards,
John Levine, jo...@taugh.com, Primary Perpetrator of "The Internet for Dummies",