It appears that Michael Irvine via mailop <m...@greatsys.com> said:
>I can't say the specific lenders, but I can say that it is not just bank and
>money lending. We have clients who are from the courts and other 3rd parties
>that do
>not fully validate the email that is given to them. We still must take it as
>there are no good ways to get the correct known email for a person.

Speaking as a very small mail provider, and as someone who gets a
great deal of mail for people who imagine that my address is their
address, I do not care whether your mail is delivered. A lot of the
addresses are wrong, and the debt collection business is so sleazy
that even if the addresses are right, the debts often are not (and
getting a court to approve it is no guarantee.)

As someone else said, if you want to get the message delivered, send a
physical paper letter. If it's not worth spending a dollar to send the
notice, it must not be much of a debt.

R's,
John