Dnia 10.07.2024 o godz. 21:24:23 Ralph Seichter via mailop pisze:

> If sombody tries to send mail from something.xxx or otherthing.auto, for
> example, they should expect having to work hard for their mail getting
> accepted. I reject this type of domain until by means of directing

I don't know much about .xxx or .auto, but just recently I interacted with a
totally legitimate business operating from .online domain. If I used an
email provider who blocks "strange" domains, and not my own server, I
wouldn't be able to do a transaction with them.

BTW, the "TLD" that I use, .eu.org, also seems to be somewhat discriminated
(I wrote here many times about my mails being constantly put to Spam folder
by Google - since some time the issue disappeared, for similarly unknown
reason as it appeared in the first place), and the only explanation I heard
(on this list as well) for discriminating this domain was that registration
in .eu.org is free.

People don't understand that money isn't the single factor that decides if
the TLD is attractive to spammers or not. Yes, domains in .eu.org are free,
but it's not easy to get them. You have to first set up your own DNS servers
for the domain you want to register (you won't pass the registration without
two functional DNS servers serving the domain), and then you have to WAIT.
It can even take two, three weeks before your domain is actually registered.
This isn't attractive for a spammer. The spammers want their domains
registered FAST, and this is no less important factor than the price alone.
They don't want weeks-long manual verification of each domain they want to
register.

The .eu.org free domains have been there since many years and from what I
know, are rarely abused. But I guess some people immediately stop thinking
when they hear about "free domains"...
--
Regards,
   Jaroslaw Rafa