What irks me is that Gmail's / MS365's IPs never seem to get
blacklisted by Spamhaus for example. Spamcop actually had the courage
to list MS365's because they also send tons of spam and ironically
enough, everyone is upset at Spamcop because how dare they. Yeah, we
should just let these guys get even bigger and spam even more people
because surely then, they will care enough to stop the abuse.

I know it's not easy to handle hundreds of millions ( billions ) of
e-mail accounts but they should suffer the same consequences as
everyone else if they can't keep abusers in check.

Just my 2 cents.

On Thursday, 11/07/2024 at 16:54 John Levine via mailop wrote:

It appears that Scott Q. via mailop  said:
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>-=-=-=-=-=-
>
>Surprisingly, most of the Spam that makes it through these days is
>from Gmail. I'm not sure if they gave up completely on fighting the
>spammers that sign-up but I'm always increasing the score assigned to
>Gmail originating e-mails because of this.
>
>99% of them are SEO offers and whatnot, surely it can't be that hard
>to block this type of outgoing message.

I also get a great deal of B2B spam from Google.  While I am no
happier about
it than you are, I would not assume it's because they don't care.

I get the spsm to the same ill chosen addresses* over and over so I
assume someone
is selling spamming kits with a Gmail signup and a list of
victims.  Would be nice
to figure out who and where they are.

R's,
John

* - I mean, business development spam to the head of an anti-spam
organization with a budget you need a magnifying glass to see? Really?
Yup.