On 2014-09-05 10:50, Kim Vandry wrote:
> I have added an IMAP client to mairix so that it supports indexing and
> searching messages found on an IMAP server and placing search results in
> a folder on the same IMAP server. Both features are optional, so that
> you can also index remote messages and store the results locally, or
> index local folders and store the results on IMAP.

My changes for the IMAP feature can be found here:

https://github.com/vandry/mairix

Here are some brief instructions on how to use it.

Previously you had three ways of specifying the source folders in the
mairixrc file:

maildir=folder1:folder2
mh=folder1:folder2
mbox=folder1:folder2

Now you have a fourth option:

imap=folder1:folder2

That's for source folders. If you want to place the search results in an
IMAP folder too (recommended), you can do it like this:

mformat=imap

Of course you need to tell mairix how to connect to the IMAP server:

imap_server=mail.example.com

And the IMAP server probably needs for you to log in too, so this:

imap_username=myusername
imap_password=mypassword

If you have shell access to the same system that runs your IMAP server,
you may be able to connect directly to the IMAP server without using a
TCP/IP connection and it will know who you are so you don't have to give
it a username and password. In that case, you can use the following
option instead of imap_server, imap_username, and imap_password:

imap_pipe=/usr/lib/dovecot/imap

If you want to switch all your source folders from non-IMAP to IMAP (or
vice versa), you might want to consider deleting mairix's database file
and starting over from scratch because mairix will have to reindex all
of your mail anyway.

I have tested all of this with my own email and it seems to work so far.
Please let me know if you try it out and encounter any problems.

Happy weekend,

-kv