On 6/27/13 8:42 AM, Andrea Pescetti wrote:
> Kadal Amutham wrote:
>> Two separate teams of volunteers are doing the same work.
>
> Teams are not necessarily separated.
>
>> I am sorry to say that this crime is happening in both  LO and AOO
>
> All contributions made to OpenOffice (or to Apache projects in general)
> can be freely reused (and some are actively being reused) in other
> projects, due to license compatibility in this direction. Technically, a
> contribution under the Apache License can be taken and included with no
> problems in a project under the MPL license.

well it was never 100% clarified from my pov or Iam to lazy to
understand it. But my understanding is that LO or the major parts of
their source code is under ALv2 and they can't withdraw the ALv2 license
even if it looks so.

They can only put their changes and extensions to the code under a
different license.

LO don't talk about it and from my pov it looks not correct how they
does it. But I am no lawyer and it seems that nobody is really
interested to clarify this finally.

And of course for newbies in their code it looks that everything is from
them.

Juergen