On 07/06/2014 01:02 PM, Jeff via Marxism wrote:

> Martin's experience is exactly mine, and is why I got two emails when Lou
> thought he was only posting to the list. But his email program also sent
> out one directly to me (as it should have done, given the Reply-To), as did
> one other post where someone responded to a post of mine. Again, I can't
> understand why no one else has noticed this.

egads....

with the new way that Mailman is handling the addressing:

IF

     someone replies to a list email from person XXX and both the
original sender XXXX  AND the list are in the To/CC,

THEN

    XXXX will receive two emails.

the solution is to get people to remove XXXX from their reply. i posted
on this ages ago when the switch in Mailman occurs.

Les

Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu