here's the details, if anyone cares to wade thru it.

  http://wiki.list.org/display/DEV/DMARC

  c.f.:
         http://www.ietf.org/mail-archive/web/ietf/current/msg87153.html

http://thehackernews.com/2014/04/yahoos-new-dmarc-policy-destroys-every.html#

what it means for now is that the only way to allow people to reply
offlist to a poster -- since we are removing them from the From: for
DMARC purposes --  is for Mailman to push poster address into the
Reply-to, which already includes the list address.

i THINK Hans says taht some better solutions may be possible when the
server is moved to Mailman 3.0

otherwise, we have to force classes of subscribers (yahoo, in
particular) to use a different email address. or, make it hard for
people to respond directly to a poster offlist.

Les

Send list submissions to: Marxism@lists.csbs.utah.edu