#1 YOU MUST clip all extraneous text when replying to a message.
#2 This mail-list, like most, is publicly & permanently archived.
#3 Subscribe and post under an alias if #2 is a concern.

Thanks for the link, David Walters.  Here it is again:

https://vimeo.com/80518559

Very interesting.  All of Peter Byck's videos make a lot of sense.
Painting roofs white, installing solar panels, recycling energy, putting
windmills on farms, etc., are all great ideas and I am all for it.  But
all this together will not bring down our carbon emissions quickly
enough.  We also have to reduce our footprint by consuming less.

Here is another remark regarding sequestering carbon in top soil.  We
should not think it is ok get more coal, oil, and gas out of the ground
because we can then sequester the carbon in top soil.  In the long run,
this sequestration is unreliable.  Right now, a lot of carbon gets
released because of peat fires in Indonesia and thawing permafrost in
the arctic.  All this is carbon sequestered in top soil which is finding
its way back into the atmosphere.  This is one of the reasons why GHG
concentrations in in the atmosphere are still accelerating, although
fossil fuel emissions have been declining.  (Another reason seems to be
that the warming oceans are absorbing less CO2).  We have no choice
but leaving the carbon safely sequestered far below ground where it is
right now.  Digging it back down into equally safe permanent
repositories is going to be incredibly expensive.

Hans G Ehrbar