It's my birthday today -68- and I can believe it!  so I thought I would
indulge myself a little on the list, if comrades will excuse that.  This
piece from the Guardian caught my attention.  It was a report on a book by a
Jesuit, Gerald O'Collins,  criticising the author Philip Pullman's book on
Jesus and him having a bad twin etc.  I haven't read the book and do not
intend to.  Though my admiration for it was increased by seeing that it
irritated the Catholic Church, so it can't be all bad.

ANWAY  this is what the Jesuit apologist said:

"Jesus is not in a position to correct misrepresentations, especially
serious ones that the public, often pretty gullible in these matters, is
inclined to accept at face value," O'Collins told the Guardian. He believes
that Pullman's aim in the novel was to cast doubt on "belief in the divine
identity of Jesus".

What part of the word "divine" does our good Jesuit father not understand?
If Jesus were divine then he would be always and everywhere able to correct
misrepresentations or has he run out of lightning bolts and fiery hell
holes?

Ah that feels better...

comradely

Gary