sure, your point is well taken, I mean if they were Secessionists of the
1860s or Afrikaners that would be one thing.  Based on my own personal
experience both living in Sarajevo in the 1950s (the 100,000 civilians I
alluded to were the ones killed there in the 90s) and in dealing with
certain people from this area in this country in my work in the fishing
industry and elsewhere, is that many of them are imbued with a blatant deep
seated and vile racist attitude towards Turkish and Muslim people and that
they are in fact an oppressed people.  I think if folks here weren't wrapped
in this knee jerk attitude based on perceived global politics, that fact
would be patent as we see stories about the condition and racist
mis-treatment of Muslim people in Europe all the time.  We just can't be in
denial about the war crimes committed by Karazdic and the Chetnik
chauvinists because it doesn't fit in with our preconceived scheme about how
the world is supposed to work, to do so can cause us to be view as morally
bankrupt.