On 12/2/2010 10:30 AM, Tom Cod wrote:

> Well, if this were some obscure issue of philosophy that would be well
> taken, but it isn't, its a basic issue, one of recent history and current
> events that Marxists should be able to explain to people without telling
> them like a high school teacher to "look it up".  Moreover, those platitudes
> as regards self determination were at the heart of the best of what I
> learned in the movement way back when and the authors thereof, like George
> Breitman, would certainly have had confidence in explaining and defending
> their views and not just brushed this important issue off.  In that regard,
> I note that Solidarity has expressed views on this issue in support of
> Bosnian self determination which are a credit to that tradition.
>
> http://www.solidarity-us.org/current/

Solidarity's magazine Against the Current published an article by
one Branka Magas with the title "How Milosevic's Serbia Became A
Fascist State". Magas and her husband Quentin Hoare resigned from
the board of New Left Review because they viewed Tariq Ali and the
late Peter Gowans pretty much the same way Karadjis regards me.

The Hoares have a son named Marko Attila Hoare who has the same
kind of politics. He is a scholar with the Henry Jackson Society.
Some of you are too young to remember Senator Henry "Scoop"
Jackson. They called him the senator from Boeing.

Here's Tariq on the Hoares: