Can't speak for Jon but for me, Mason's filesystem-based routing is much more
naturally modular, transparent, and expressive than parsing paths in a
controller, certainly for organizing dynamic content and often for REST
applications as well. URIs map to the directory tree in an obvious hierarchical
manner and auto- and dhandlers live next to the content they augment – when
you're not working on a directory, you can forget about it. The filesystem is
the controller, views are in their natural places in the directory tree, and
models are in business-object modules – isn't that the Mason Way?