On Feb 10, 2012, at 9:29 PM, Bill Walz wrote:

> Hi all. Mason 1 has paid my bills for over 7 years plus. It is amazing.
> I get what he is saying. But all Linux distributions now support it.
> gone are are the days of libapreq2 pain. I guess what I am trying to say
> is that I have many many components that would help folks. In fact now I
> am jQuery and jqGrid focused I have them them as well. Serverd up
> through Mason. But know way to give back. Mason 1 is shunned but why?
> Mason2 is a concept. I deal with production.

Who is shunning Mason 1??

Bill I'm really happy that you and others still get a lot of value from Mason
1. I hope I haven't implied anywhere that I expect people to switch over to
Mason 2 if Mason 1 is serving their needs. (Though I understand that the name
itself can't help but imply that a little.)

I just don't want to *work* on Mason 1 anymore, because the code is old and I'm
tired of looking at it :), and honestly there isn't that much that needs to be
done with it other than the occasional bug fix.

Jon