>> I've little interest in trying to make Mason 2 "lightweight" enough for
>> standard CGI.
>> Honestly given the ready availability of mod_perl, FastCGI, and Starman, I
>> don't
>> understand why standard CGI is even considered a viable option anymore (but
>> I'm sure
>> diehard CGI fans will yell at me for saying this).
>
> I need to deply on my $4 per century hosting, but I need to use all the
> latest software, and I expect everything to just work even though I can't
> install CPAN modules, get a shell, or use more than 8MB of memory.
>
> Of course, while I joke, this is exactly why PHP has been so insanely
> popular, so there's a lot to be said for actually making this work.

Yes, and I'm glad some other Perl solutions make an effort to work in a
lightweight environment. (I know Mark Stosberg has long been the champion of
plain CGI users for example). I'm just not interested in "competing" in this
space myself. I'd rather cater to the power users that have a reasonably robust
hosting solution and don't mind installing a few dependencies.