DoctorWu51 wrote,

| Some have said that I can copy through the headphone jack with good quality
| sound(and I'm too old to be a golden-eared boy).  Is it correct that
| forgetting to turn off the bass boost feature would affect that, but that
| having the bass boost on would not affect anything if the recording were made
| through a "line-out" jack?

The bass boost selections should not affect the line-out's signal on a unit
with a separate line-out jack, nor should the volume setting.

Some people have said something about a feature on Sharp portables that de-
tects whether a cord plugged into the headphone jack is connected to head-
phones or speakers on one hand or to a recording device on the other hand
and that, in the latter case, it behaves like a line-out.  I can neither
confirm, deny, or claim to understand fully.

All I can say is that my R3's and F70's headphone outputs had to be turned
to maximum volume with AVLS or EarGuard off in order to match the volume of
the R3's line-out.