I said to Ralph,

> Peter means true TOC cloning, Ralph.  ...  He's not confusing it with Name
> Stamp.

Ralph responded,

| It was just that a lot of people reported they could clone a TOC on a 702
| while it was just the name-stamp.

In Peter's original post, he said he had already recovered several discs with
Helge's technique; since Name Stamp can't help with that (the target disc has
to have the same number of tracks as the source disc; I guess both could be
empty and Name Stamp could be used to copy the disc name, but that's not what
one would call "recovering"), and since Peter's web page includes Helge's
cloning instructions, there was no doubt for me that he meant TOC cloning.

I also asked,

> Ergo, is a 22kHz triangle wave, sampled at 44kHz, extrapolated into a sine
> wave?

["Reconstructed as" would have been better than "extrapolated into," wouldn't
 it?]

and Ralph answered,

| Yes! Due to the lost of the harmonics that make up the triangle!

Ah.  Thanks.  I had wondered about that.