Peter Wood wrote :

> Qulity isn't really that important, as I plan to MD them (in Mono) and
> then MP3 them. I don't want to spend an arm and a leg, so under £20
> (yeah cheap scate I know, but I'm gonna be a student). Sensitive mono
> microphone plugged into Sharp 722.

I think you've got the wrong idea about being a student.  The aim is to do
as little as possible, and recording lectures, porting them to MP3 and doing
all your assignments leaves far too little drinking time!

And anyway, why do you want to archive all your lectures?  It sounds
masochistic!

All the best

Ian (18 months of an MEng left! )