Magic wrote:

> From: Peter Wood <[EMAIL PROTECTED]>
>
> > I was woundering if anyone could
> >recommend a microphone for recording speech, remembering how far away
> >you can be from the speaker.
>
> Make 'em yourself! :o)
> I've just built a set of stereo mics from part in a Maplin catalogue, and so
> far my budget has hit £8.32. The mics and cable cost about £4, but I decided
> to add a battery box so if I wanted to record live I could plug into the
> Line In socket on my MD. This brought the cost up to £6.33, then of course I
> needed a plastic case to put the battery and electronics in (the most
> expensive part at £1.99!)

If he is recording lectures and not loud concerts, he can get by without the
battery box, and plug the mike into the mike input.  That is how mine works
http://www.tir.com/~liteways/Mandolin.html#Microphone

He still can't fall asleep and snore though  :)

--
Jim Coon
mailto:[EMAIL PROTECTED]

My first web page