Hya,

>>You may remember me from such posts as..... Anyway... ;) I'm going to
>>Staffordshire university (in England) next year (which means I'm gonna
>>have to give up IRC :~(....),
>
>You *are* kidding, right? University - FREE INTERNET ACCESS!!!
Nope, yeah £65 inet access for the year, but they firewall 6666-6669
and 7000. All common IRC ports. So I'm gonna need a shell with an
encrypted bouncer.... I'll write that.

>I've just built a set of stereo mics from part in a Maplin catalogue, and so
>far my budget has hit £8.32. The mics and cable cost about £4, but I decided
>to add a battery box so if I wanted to record live I could plug into the
>Line In socket on my MD. This brought the cost up to £6.33, then of course I
>needed a plastic case to put the battery and electronics in (the most
>expensive part at £1.99!)
I'll look into the Maplin catalogue, Jim I'll also look at your web
site, but I've got a while before I have to go.

>Just a word of advice - don't rely on the MD and fall asleep in the
>lectures - snoring that close to the mics will result in a useles recording
>;o)
Hehehe, it's only for those mornings after.... ;)

>All the best
You to Magic, everyone,

>Magic
Peter... -> Woundering how long it's gonna be before they adopt my
domain name...... They've got the TAG done..... AGHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!
--
"These days when a guy takes a girl into his room to show her his hardware, it usually
turns out to be a 450MHz Pentium III with 12Gb hard drive and a Voodoo III card."