> I'M curious: (read my emails and you know it) do many people actually use
> the labels (other than the narrow, edge ones) ? I can't write (or read) that
> small.

Well, I frequently listen to few enough discs that I can colour code them
somewhat.

I buy the colour collections usually, and store them in the TDK Colour
cases (useful things). Recently I've started recording to more discs
(usually when I want to record something else I see if there's anything
that's "so-so" that I can delete), so I simply add a surface label to the
discs with nothing written on them. They don't peel easily (I'm doing it
with my TDK MusicJacks right now), and you can re-record on them and still
tell the discs apart. My discs are organized by artist(s), you see...

It works well enough for me. I've got recorded on 6 colour MusicJacks (I've
put labels on an orange and a green) , one clear, one black sony prism, one
emerald green sony prism, a set of the newer sony prism colour collection,
one of the new silvery-orange sony prisms, the pink and blue sony Luminas,
and one Maxell GS (the clear ones).

I have a black Prism set aside as a temporary disc - it must have been
rerecorded on fifty times already. I record anything from a video the class
is showing (which I usually record on the computer and encode as a 22khz
mono 64 kilobit mp3 and then wipe the disc again), to the contents of a new
CD (I barely ever listen to the CD. I record the entire discs to find out
which tracks I like to transfer onto other discs) to general silliness.
That has a label on it which has been written on.

And it has on it one word:

"blah."

:)

- Ed.