I don't think it has ever been scientifically proven that any cable is
better than another...
The main thing is that if you think it has made an improvement then that's
all that matters...
Psychologically, the aim has been achieved.
25 years or so, back in the UK, the hi-fi 'golden ears' brigade discovered
that solid core copper mains wiring that electricians use to wire up
buildings with, was the 'perfect' speaker wire - many of them threw away
their expensive speaker cables and replaced it with solid core mains
cable...
I'm not sure if this is still popular - I got pretty much sick and tired of
the whole thing, along with green dye for the edges of CD's....
I know some hi-fi nuts that have gold plated mains plugs on their valve
amps etc....

FWIW, I have some quite nice heavy duty multi-stranded copper speaker
cables and I love the look of them - and I BELIEVE they make the sound
better...:-)

GB