Ralph wrote:

    > There is something true in those plugs. Using gold-plated
    > plugs with gold
    > plated outs/in, is probably best. (Best contact. Best
    > would be copper, (copper
    > is a better conductor than gold.), but copper can't stand
    > oxygen!).
    > Using nickel-plated plugs with nickel outs/in is les, but
    > still good.
    > (Nickel is a worst conductor than gold)

I suspect the plugs may make a small difference. The actual metallic
resistance does not really matter much, as it will be small compared to the
resistance of the cable. It's the corrodability, which can lead to a poor
contact, that matters. Perhaps it's worth getting gold-plated connectors; I
did, and they look good (but of course they're out of sight). At least, I
felt I'd made an attempt to achieve good connections, though for all I know,
cheapo RCA plugs may be just as good. Pehaps it's worth re-plugging every
now and then to wipe off accumulated crud ....

simon