las wrote:

> > "Even the most expensive test equipment doesn't measure subtle differences
> > well. The human ear is more sensitive than the most expensive "equipment"
> > in the world."

I am an engineer, and I think that if we can hear something, there has
to be a way to measure it.  THis is science , not hokus pokus.

> This is a very important point.  Although there are some quantitative tests
> that are of value, when you are talking about things like audio or video,
> everyone is going to hear and see things slightly differently.

But instrumentation won't.

> I think that you reach a point where you begin paying for air when it comes
> to so called high end.
>
> If you want to you can go crazy with theories and think that you are 100%
> sure that the $10,000 power amp is much better then the $1500.00 receiver.
> Where do you draw the line?  Bi amps? Tri amplification??

Yup, and a year later, there will be a newer model to whet your
EAS..(Equipment Acquisition Syndrome)

> There are limitations to human hearing.  At some point you will reach a point
> where you are not hearing "better" sound only different sound.

 I think you hit the nail on the head, Larry

--
Jim Coon
Not just another pretty mandolin picker.

My first web page

http://www.tir.com/~liteways