Stainless Steel Rat wrote:

> Not like there is anything to convert.  1 Hertz = 1 cycle/second.  They
> just gave the unit of measurement a name (like Newton, Watt, etc).
> --

But it makes no sense to me to take something that is descriptive and give it a
name that tells you nothing.  CPS means cycles per second.  That makes sense and
tells you exactly with it is.  Hertz or HZ means nothing and even if you only use
the HZ, all you are saving is one letter.

Now what about computer speed.  It is also given in HZ.  Since cycles per second
is referring to sound and waves, what's it doing in computers.

Larry