Hi!

I have been into mini-disks for about the last 1 1/2 years (still learning
alot). I got rid of my cassette player in my car and got a mini-disk player,
I got rid of all the walk-man players and replaced them with portable
mini-disk player/recorders. Here are my questions:

1.      Now that there is technology for CD-players to play MP3s directly from
CDs (in their compressed format), is there/will there be mini-disk units
that can directly decode and play MP3's?

2.      I enjoy an occasional audio book (like The Celestine Prophecy and related
books), is there an easy way to get audio books that fit onto mini-disks
without having to be there to start and stop things to record them?

3.      Okay, this may be a really dumb question but, is there a mini-disk
cartridge to plug into your car mini-disk player that allows you to feed in
sound from another device similar to all the cassette cartridges that play
anything from radio to CD players?

4.      Where is the cheapest source for BULK blank mini-disks?

5.      I understand that "MiniDisc Long Play" aka MDLP requires a new mini-disk
device, are they of the same sound quality, do they require special media,
and are they readily available in the US?

6.      And finally, what is all this talk about multi-track MiniDisc-based
recorders?

Thanx for any light you can shed on these questions.

Take care...
Bruce Preudhomme, the SYSOP of The Pursuit of Happiness!
         ...where the mind's eYe is always open!
PC Pursuits ~Bringing people, computers and software together!~
                 http://www.pcpursuits.com/