Bruce Preudhomme wrote:

Yes, you are both right! There is a lot I don't know about mini-disks and
haven't take the time to learn. I did assume that the data on mini-disks was
virtually uncompressed so that is why I mistakenly thought their capacity to
be the same as CDs. I should have thought it through but heck that is one of
the nice things about mailing list, that you can tap the resource for some
good knowledge. Thanks for all your helpful information!

I wouldn't consider using 74 (actually 75 minutes because it's 74 minutes and 59
seconds-this is the first time I ever remember a product being understated!!).

Seventy five or 80 minutes is a decent chunk of time for music.  After all you
don't want to have too many albums on one disc.  Probably if they could make 100
minute discs it would then cover all bases.

The 75s will handle long CDs and the 100s can handle 2 average size albums.

I doubt that there is any way to encode an MD (without further compression and
without losing total computability with existing units) that would be 100
minutes long.

Larry