Many people like Sony's MDR-E888LP earbuds (79.99 retail price, 59.99 at
www.etronics.com) -
http://www.sonystyle.com/sonystyle/4784/5334/7560/4890/4901/265.default.html

but for a cheaper price, the Sennheiser MX-500 are a great deal (under 25
dollars usually)- http://www.sennheiser.com/headphones/dynamic/dh_1d005.htm

Paul