> The Etymotic Research plugs are absolutely awesome of course...but too
> pricey.
>
> Don C.

I agree, Don. For about $269, you get performance almost on the same level
as Stax (Electrostatic headphones) in a portable package. Also, you can
choose the "P" model ("P"ower, for underpowered portables) or the "S" model
(for headphone amplifiers, the one I use). The "S" model is heaven on earth;
it provides a 20-40 dB attenuation of outside sounds, and its frequency
response mimics the human ear's. Most people think the "S" is a far better
earphone than the "P", but Don Wilson, one of the designers of the
earphones, is toying around with the idea of making a "universal" model, one
which will have the frequency response of the "S" with the higher efficiency
of the "P" (yes, I am on the waiting list for that one).

I am tempted to say they are the best dynamic headphones on the planet. And
they are the size of standard earbuds. Highly recommended, if you have the
money.

Francisco.