On the subject of building your own mixing system for MD, what do you find
lacking in commercially available mixers that would prompt you want to build
your own?  I can see that battery power and small size could be requirements
not met by many mixers.

Also, why add the A/D?  Are MD's converters lacking?  (Or is it that the
digital out is an advantage if it results in the automatic level control
being bypassed.)  What other features for MD would you look for in a mixer
design?