>Are referring to the CS5360 or the CS5334 ADCs?  I think these chips
consume
~350mW.  I assume that you mix 6-8 channels of analog down to 2, then
digitize. So with >6 analog channels, each with programmable gain (and
possibly eq), and the other circuitry and microcontroller you're well over
1/2 watt--roughly 20 hrs. with 3-4 AA cells-- is this what you have in mind
for a portable MD system?  I guess that's not bad, but I would think that
you would want to use Crystal's CS53L32 for this application, which brings
power consumption down for this system.  You lose the peak detect metering,
>though.

Big HMMMM!! Do you guys know any average user of MD who are quite familiar
with your correspondence? please, do some practical advices, opinions, or
such, and spare us of your "high- techie- know -how" exchange of
(impractical) knowledge for the most of us....