Thanks, Kaleb-

Again, EXCELLENT advice and info-exactly the kind of info I was looking for!

Unfortunately, I just let a '75 300D get away that was one of the possible donors I was thinking of. The one that is nearby is a later one-'80 or so, so I guess it won't work!

I really appreciate your input!

BTW, mine is not a "pristine" 250C by any means, and has some small rust spots. Was redone some years back, and not done great, but was done decent. There are a few isolated weak spots that are rusting, and unfortunately, rusting enough that there are a few small holes here and there. However, it does LOOK good, and is definitely savable and worth saving.

Now, here is another factor I hadn't thrown in, which will make some of you go, "WHAT THE SAM HILL ARE YOU THINKING???" but my 250C has supposedly an original 50K. I was only thinking about the diesel for the fuel economy factor, and because I am afraid I may NEVER get the carbs synched real well again after this rebuild!

So, IF I do this, I will have a good, low-mile 250 (2.8) engine for sale is the good news, I guess!

Thanks again!

Michael
Thanks!

Michael
The only thing that would be of concern is if the hood line is lower on the coupe than the sedan, making the engine too tall. A person would probably just have to measure the height of the engine to see. If would have to be a 617 from a 75 or 76 300D though, which would be hard to find. You cant use an engine out of a 123 because the oil filter housing is in the wrong spot and will not fit.

OK Don wrote:

I think it was John from Texas who has put a 617 engine into a 114
chassis - sig is Ajaguar ? Haven't sen any posts from him in a few
days - must be our driving one of his Benz's.

--
Kaleb C. Striplin/Claremore, OK
 89 560SEL, 87 300SDL, 87 300SDL, 85 380SE, 85 300D,  81 300TD,