Allan,

I never said it was a "garden of eden." I've lived (for short periods
of time) with indigenous people in both north america, and southeast
asia, and I have slept in the jungle without a mosquito net in asia
and the yucatan. My best friend has been living with a remote tribe in
Fiji for two years as part of peace corps, and is now marrying a woman
from the tribe and got his time extended.